GOING FOR AIRBRUSH OR JUST PLAIN CONVENTIONAL?????
|MODEL GWEN TROT AIRBRUSH MAKE-UP BY JESSIE GLOVA|
ATTN : ALL THE BRIDES TO BE , BUDDING MAKE-UP ARTISTS , MAKE-UP JUNKIES AND EVERYONE ....
I have been a Make-up artist for about 2 decades and i have been using different techniques and mediums ... similar to paintings i also call my foundation as medium ....from the cake to Airbrush Make-up.
Airbrush make-up for me is such a life saver... it makes your job a lot easier and gives a flawless effect and as well its saves a lot of time ...here ill be showcasing different types of Airbrush products .. I am a Krayolan Airbrush user for years ,one thing i love with Krayolan it has a very matte effect at the start when it begins to blend it gives a very luminous, velvety and silky feel and it lasts or stays for more than 12 hours .
|MAKE -UP ARTIST JESSIE GLOVA DOING AIRBRUSH|
Krayolan Airbrush make-up for me has a very fine in texture , very smooth silicon finish foundation and it really layers your skin with similarly another skin with a minimal amount of the product it takes 6 to 12 drops it can already cover the entire face .
Airbrush makeup is makeup sprayed onto the skin using an Airbrush gun instead of being applied with sponges, brushes, fingers, or other methods. It is popular in hollywood films and theater so as the celebrity sunless tanning ..... but now there are products which are designed for personal cosmetic use or home use. . Airbrush systems designed for these purpose are usually smaller and work at a lower pressures designed for cosmetics than systems used in industrial applications which is designed for hard paints .
according to my research in wikipedia
The technique was first used in 1925 on actors in BEN HUR ,,..one of my best movies of all time and has since grown in popularity in the entertainment business and to date.
The History of Airbrush Makeup
|AIRBRUSH MAKE-UP BY JESSIE GLOVA USING KRAYOLAN COSMETICS|
In this article we will take a look at the history of Airbrush Make-up The first Airbrush was invented in 1879 by Abner Peeler using mostly spare parts from a jeweler’s workshop, 4 years later a company by the name of Liberty Walkup began marketing Peeler’s invention. In 1893 Thayer and Chandler Art Materials presented the first modern airbrush at the World Columbian Exposition in Chicago, this device resembled the body of a pen and functioned similarly to the way the modern airbrushes do today.
|MODEL / AIRBRUSH ARTIST JESSIE GLOVA USING KRAYOLAN|
|AIRBRUSH MAKE-UP BY : JESSIE GLOVA|
sources : Temptu airbrush Make-up
Airbrush makeup has become more popular with the advent of HIGH DEFINITION VIDEO and TELEVISION (HD). Traditional powder or liquid based make-up can settle and appear in pores and wrinkles and be visible on HD film.
As the makeup is sprayed on, it connects with the skin as millions of droplets of formula. The formula can create an even, sheer, natural appearance to the skin that, if applied properly for a natural look, can appear natural and non-heavy like traditional makeup.
|Airbrush Make-up by Jessie Glova|
Airbrush makeup wears longer than traditional powder or liquid foundation able to stay put upwards of 12-24 hours. It can be used to cover five o'clock shadow " it means the beard " for men. Airbrush makeup is also available for eye shadow, blush, eyebrows and lips and can be layered, shaded, highlighted and contoured
Application wise, the technique is more sanitary than traditional makeup application due the artist never having to touch the skin. It's also faster, if done by a trained artist. Fantasy and special effects are able to be stenciled or created by freehand.
Airbrush makeup comes in six different formulas:
- Water based: Finely ground pigments dissipated in water.
- Polymer-water-based: A mix of water, polymers and pigment, when airbrushed on the skin the polymer dries leaving a continuous coating on the skin.
- Polymer-SD40-alcohol based: Instead of using water like the polymer-water-based formula, it uses alcohol which assists with drying of the makeup on the skin.
- Alcohol based: Also called "temporary airbrush inks" alcohol based formulas are generally used when creating fake tattoos.
- Silicone-based: Uses silicone for longer lasting wear and without fading. Silicone-based can be thinned with certain types of formula additives, for lighter coverage.
sources: wikipedia , Luminess Air . and DINAIR
WHY GOING FOR AIRBRUSH ON YOUR WEDDING DAY ?
|Airbrush Make-up : by Jessie Glova|
I Always make sure that i have delivered right to my clients specially to the brides my explanations about the advantages of Airbrush Make-up not everyone knows about how good it is ... well i trust Airbrush so much that i cant be convinced to like switch to the conventional medium and no other medium that's a lot more appropriate specially on someone's big day and it has to be special right ?
1. Full Coverage, Sheer Texture: A true airbrush foundation is high in coverage, but thin in texture, offering a high-opacity or full coverage application that's dispersed as sheerly and evenly as possible. The result is perfect-looking skin achieved with a minimum of product.
|AIRBRUSH MAKE-UP BY : JESSIE GLOVA MODEL ELLEN ADARNA|
2. Refined Pattern: The spray dot-pattern the airbrush puts down on the skin registers less on camera than the patterns and trace lines that brushes and sponges leave behind. However, as invisible as these marks may appear to the naked eye, they can be quite visible when your client's face is shown in Hi-Definition close-up or in a High Resolution Digital Photo.
textures of foundation in different applications:
|using brush with liquid foundation|
|using airbrush foundation|
|airbrush Make-up by Jessie Glova|
While other advantages include speed of application, longevity, and durability, the true advantage of airbrush makeup is the beautiful finished result it produces. The special foundations for airbrush makeup is more expensive than that of regular makeup because of the consistency and special ingredients they use to make this very thin formula with maximum coverage!
THE ADVANTAGES OF AIRBRUSH MAKEUP:
· Maximum coverage with minimal product
· Delivers a natural and translucent look that is as smooth as silk
· Great for oily skin
· Fantastic for overly active skin that tends to "eat" makeup
· Lasts ten to twelve hours - excellent for bridal makeup, it's a bride's best friend